THERE’S NOWHERE QUITE LIKE THREDBOIn addition to being a world-renowned ski resort, Thredbo is also a fun-filled family destination during the warmer months. The area features the popular Alpine Bobsled, Thredbo Leisure Centre’s Olympic-size swimming pool with waterslide, golf course, several gyms, mountain bike hire and tours along the Cannonball Downhill Trail, as well as the famous Legends of Blues and Jazz Festivals.
ON THE SLOPES
- Suits All Ages and Skill Levels
- Flat Practice Area Available
- Ski and Snowboard Hire
- Group and Private Lessons
- Kids’ Programs Available
- NASTAR Recreational Ski Program
- Racing & Training Programs
- Saturday Night Flare Run
- Night Skiing & Boarding
- Terrain Parks
- Scenic Chairlift Rides
- Ski, Snowboard & Equipment Sales
- Women’s Ski Program
IN THE VILLAGE
- Numerous Restaurants and Bars
- Groceries and Essentials
- Gifts, Clothing and Homewares
- Winter and Summer Events and Festivals
- Cafés and Take-Away Available
- Food, Wine and Gourmet Stores
- Equipment Tuning and Repair
- Kids’ Entertainment
- School Holiday Entertainment
- Tour Bookings and Activities
- Thredbo Leisure Centre
Travellers from near and far will find the Snowy Mountains an incredibly easy place to reach. Situated half way between Sydney and Melbourne, we have a range of transport services second to none. So whether you're driving, travelling by coach, plane or train, the Snowy Mountains is closer than you think.
If you are not a local, you can fly into Canberra’s domestic or international airport and take a hire car to enjoy a very scenic 2.5 hr drive direct to Thredbo.
Alternatively, Aeropelican Air Services is a domestic airline serving five locations in NSW: Sydney, Newcastle, Narrabri, Mudgee and the Snowy Mountains via the Cooma airport for access Jindabyne or Thredbo.
Snow Alliance’s experienced and friendly drivers will ensure you get to your destination safely. Snow Alliance offers door-to-door private services, as well as both scheduled and chartered bus services to all of the resorts - Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte's Pass, Smiggins, Guthega, Selwyn and anywhere in between. Transport services include Buses charters & scheduled bus services (private and non-private), up to 21 seats. Also luxury private AWD transfers (4-7 passengers).
Transborder Alpine Express offers a year-round link from Canberra to the Snowy Mountains. A daily service operates from Canberra to Thredbo and return.
The Snowy Mountains region is located half-way between Sydney and Melbourne. Travelling by car is both convenient and gratifying as the mountain scenery is breathtaking.
- From Sydney, it is approximately 5 hrs driving time direct to Thredbo.
- From Melbourne, it is approximately 6 hrs driving time direct to Thredbo via Wodonga, Coryong, Khancoban.
- From Canberra, it is approximately 2.5 hrs driving time direct to Thredbo. If you are not a local, you can fly into Canberra’s domestic or international airport and take a hire car to enjoy the scenic drive direct to Thredbo.